Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 HELP: Bloody Mucus Stool/Dry Heaving
ipwl

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
HELP: Bloody Mucus Stool/Dry Heaving - Monday, April 20, 2015 12:11 AM
I'm sorry if this is wrong or whatever, but I'm in desperate need of some advice. My fuzzbaby woke up today and of course upon seeing her, I immediately grabbed her up for a hello and took her off to the litterbox. She's well trained, but sometimes likes to poop to her convenience, so I try to make sure I get her there if I see her when she wakes. When I sat her down, she ran from me and proceeded to try to hide. I didn't know why she was so upset and then she started dry heaving. Nothing ever ended up coming up, but she then went to the litterbox and a small pile of poop came out as a mucusy red blob. I'm worried the red color is blood and I'm extremely worried about her, but unfortunately, its Sunday and no vets are open that take ferrets, trust me, I called everywhere. She's drank a couple times today but hasn't ate anything, which I've found that she probably shouldn't in the case she has a blockage, which I'm worried about. As the day has progressed, she has manage to get some "bird seed" poops out inside the brownish red mucus and I'm just at a loss. When she first woke up was about 1pm, but I don't know how much earlier the symptoms have been going on and it is now 12am and shes still sleeping and pooping mucus and not doing much of anything else. I'd just like some info on what anyone thinks it may be. I've seen blockage and ECE and all that but not all of her symptoms match up with anything I've read about.
Some more basic info:
She's around two or so years of age, I just got a new ferret for her to play with about 2 days ago (which worries me about ECE), my dad came home with a cold, which she could have also picked up. I haven't been feeding her anything red, so unless she ate something without my permission, its not dye.

Anyone have anything to calm my nerves or at least any input on what to do until I can get her to the vet at 8am?
ipwl

Re:HELP: Bloody Mucus Stool/Dry Heaving - Monday, April 20, 2015 2:56 AM
Update on this: She had her first non-bloody bowl movement all night. Its very sour smelling green and still birdseedy.
bandit99
Re:HELP: Bloody Mucus Stool/Dry Heaving - Monday, April 20, 2015 6:10 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:HELP: Bloody Mucus Stool/Dry Heaving - Monday, April 20, 2015 7:07 AM
Member in blocked list
ipwl

Re:HELP: Bloody Mucus Stool/Dry Heaving - Monday, April 20, 2015 7:37 AM
Update at 7:30am. Same condition as last night when the stool changed. Still green and mucusy, no smell anymore. She was gulping down some water this morning and seemed like she wanted food but when she'd smell it, I think she knew it'd upset her tummy. We're waiting for the vet to open at 8 still so we can call and make sure its alright to bring her right down and other payment issues. Will probably update after we visit to let you all know what it was.
ipwl

Re:HELP: Bloody Mucus Stool/Dry Heaving - Monday, April 20, 2015 7:41 AM
bandit99

Just in case the new baby has something like ECE it would be good to maybe have both checked.  

Responding to this also, If it ends up being that, I'll get advice on where to go from there. New baby hasn't really had any issues as far as I've seen. Normal poops and shes full of play, no symptoms of feeling bad. But if that's what my sick one has, I'll see if the vet recommends getting her treated as well. And also thanks for the welcome! 
ipwl

Re:HELP: Bloody Mucus Stool/Dry Heaving - Monday, April 20, 2015 11:39 AM
So finally got her to the vet at around 10 today and just got her home. Vet thinks its a virus, probably brought in by the new ferret and gave her some antibiotics to take this week to make her feel better. If shes not better by thursday, I'm supposed to take her back for xrays and whatnot, but as of right now, shes home and has been up running around and playing with the new ferret so I'd say things are going well. She was given anti-inflammatory meds for her fever and fluids with electrolytes and her first round of antibiotics and she seems to be responding well so I'm not too worried about her. So glad I could finally get her to the vet, it really helped a million.
bandit99
Re:HELP: Bloody Mucus Stool/Dry Heaving - Monday, April 20, 2015 1:06 PM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:HELP: Bloody Mucus Stool/Dry Heaving - Monday, April 20, 2015 5:07 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages