Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 baby jungle
crisp20

• Total Posts : 216
  • Reward points : 0
baby jungle - Sunday, April 05, 2015 1:09 PM
Well everybody, it's been a bust winter, most notably the addition of a new baby boy named Jungle! he was the size of my hand when I got him (about 6 weeks, maybe 8). I would take him in my pocket everywhere, but boy did he ever grow up fast, I weighed him this morning and he clocked in at about 1.5 kg (about 3.3 lbs) and hes not even 4 months old. I have been feeding him a raw diet, and avoiding kibble as much as possible. He is a beast. I will post older pictures of him, but here are his kit pictures first. At first he bunked with Flaca, my oldest DEW, and they got along quite well, after he grew a bit though, he proved to be quite the handful for his surrogate mother, so I worried, that he wasn't going to have anybody to play with. Brothers Tater and Otis (almost 2 yr olds) were too big and rough for the youngster, and Hurricane Chicha, my most psycho, aggressive ferret, wasn't even an option... but wait, every now and then life serves you up an unexplainable floating knuckleball on a silver platter that you can ding out of the park. And this was it! I let baby jungle and chicha out, just to see what would happen, expecting to break up an assault within 5 seconds... but no! Jungle leaped on Chicha and began wrestling with her! At first Chihca seemed taken back, and did not know what to do except half run away from him, which coined Jungle to pursuit. Then Chicha fought back, but in a jovial 'Let's play' counter attack! It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen, Crazy psycho Chicha actually wanted a friend, something I thought impossible since her cagemate, and good buddy Mr. Tex departed for the Rainbow Bridge last July. They have gotten along famously ever since, playing sleeping eating together, Chicha has even taken to Jungle's raw delicious diet... without diet introduction or any switching techniques! This was a ferret relationship success i just had to share. Anyways here's some pics of Baby Jungle
<message edited by crisp20 on Sunday, April 05, 2015 1:11 PM>
Attached Image(s)
unclejoe
Re:baby jungle - Sunday, April 05, 2015 2:24 PM
Member in blocked list
raml

• Total Posts : 100
Re:baby jungle - Monday, April 06, 2015 12:10 AM
They are adorable pictures of the kit Jungle. My youngest is four now and I miss having kits but I will wait till I get down to 5 ferrets before I get another. I am at 16 and hope to be at that number for quite a few year. I love the kits though and I love that you found a cagemate for your wild one. It is strange how that sometimes happens.
crisp20

• Total Posts : 216
Re:baby jungle - Tuesday, April 07, 2015 12:38 PM
Yes, I thought Chicha where to roam this earth as a lonesome ferret. And Baby Ju is 3 years younger than her, so she will have him until her last days. Haha I promised myself I wouldn't get any more kits and begin adopting after my first 2 adoptions Otis and Golden Tater. It'S funny how life turns out though. But no more kits from now on!! I have had only 2 baby kits. The rest where at least 5 months.
Seelen

• Total Posts : 193
Re:baby jungle - Tuesday, April 07, 2015 7:02 PM
What a sweetie! :D

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages