Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Weakness
Snezha

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Weakness - Tuesday, March 24, 2015 9:02 PM
Hey! Our regular ferret food got discontinued and we got a different kind with similar nutrition. Both brands were thoroughly researched nutrition/ingredients wise. I don't feed crap to ferrets. My 6.5 year old male ferret is an extremely picky eater and, as expected, hated new food. I left one bowl with new food mixed with old and 1 bowl of old food in the cage. I haven't seen him eat in the last couple of days, usually he runs to the bowl every day at the cage cleaning/food changing time. Though, I don't normally monitor his eating. The bowl is always full, he and his sister eat whenever they are hungry. Today i noticed that he appears pretty weak when he walks. To feed him I crushed his old food with a hint of peanut butter and water and he licked couple of tablespoons. He slept mainly all day. I am planning on spoon feeding him tonight, but i am off to work tomorrow. Is the smell of new food being in a cage enough to turn him off his old food? I don't understand what is happening. He just had a vet check up and appeared healthy, except for a potential early signs of adrenal disease (he has rat tail). Vet said not to worry about adrenal, until he starts loosing fur on his body and violently scratching. He isn't scratching too much and still has all his body fur. Other than that he has always been perfectly healthy. Just a very picky eater. He actually gags if he smells food he doesn't like. Can new food can be so disgusting to him that he will starve himself?
bandit99
Re:Weakness - Tuesday, March 24, 2015 10:50 PM
Member in blocked list
Snezha

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Weakness - Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2:52 PM
Thank you so much for your advice~! Strangely my huge grocery store was out of chicken baby food, so instead I got a little bit of marshall's duk soup into my fuzzy. He hated it, and even his all-eating sister hated it when she walked by to check up on us. He seems to be perking up. We hand fed him a little bit of his favorite dry food last night and today he ate on his own, then splashed in the water dish, and tried to climb in the bathtub. He is still pretty weak, but perking up. Maybe that new food did not agree with his stomach and made him nauseated or something. I am going to monitor him and hopefully he will regain his strength soon. I was ready to phone vet this morning, but hopefully there will be no need to. Thanks again for your advice!
unclejoe
Re:Weakness - Wednesday, March 25, 2015 7:11 PM
Member in blocked list
bandit99
Re:Weakness - Wednesday, April 08, 2015 10:53 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages