Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Melatonin supplements. What time of day, etc.
ferretsandmangoes

• Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
Melatonin supplements. What time of day, etc. - Monday, February 02, 2015 4:19 PM

So i've got melatonin pills that i'm going to give to my ferret while I wait to see if the implant soon becomes available.

I am confused about when to give it..

I've read 7-9 hours after sunrise. Is that correct? 

I should note that my ferret stays in dark most of the time except hours in the pm, under artifical light. Is this okay? Should I change his schedule? How should I correlate the pill dosage time to his sleep time and play time (light time)?

If someone could guide me, i'd much appreciate it.

wenmister
Re:Melatonin supplements. What time of day, etc. - Monday, February 02, 2015 6:26 PM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Melatonin supplements. What time of day, etc. - Monday, February 02, 2015 6:26 PM
Member in blocked list
ferretsandmangoes

• Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Melatonin supplements. What time of day, etc. - Monday, February 02, 2015 10:34 PM
I work from early morning to afternoon, so his (i've only got one) play time is in the afternoon, when i'm home. It's under artifical light as it's usually already dark here by that time.

What i'm wondering is do I give it so many hours after the actual sunrise - that he cannot see anyway - or he comes out to play and is exposed to the light?

I might try to move his play time back earlier so that he has some exposure to natural light through the window if that's what is required. 
bandit99
Re:Melatonin supplements. What time of day, etc. - Tuesday, February 03, 2015 5:08 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message