Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ferret keeps going to the bathroom on my floor in my room
DMT23

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Ferret keeps going to the bathroom on my floor in my room - Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:13 AM
In order to understand my question, you need to know the background:

My two ferrets who are almost 4 months old and almost 3 months; use the bathroom in their cage, but when they come out they go in every corner of my room. It has gotten so bad; that they pretend to use the bathroom in their cage and when I let them out, they go right for the corners in my room. Also they just go once, in every corner. They know that I won't let them out until they use the bathroom in their cage. I leave the cage door open all the time so they can run in and go, but they refuse. I have tried:
1. Puppy pads in the corners but the play with it and try to eat it.
2. Newspaper in the corners but they play with it and try to eat it.
3. Watching them and if they back up, I grab them and put them in the cage. But they try to run out of the cage and so I have to shut them in and when they go I reward them w/ a treat and then let them out. But they have been getting smarter and pretending to go, and then when they are out they go right for the room corners.
4. Scruffing them and saying no when they go in the room corners.
5. Put them back in the cage and don't let them back out when they go in the room corners.

I am at my breaking point with these two. Hunter (the younger one) used to go in the cage but then followed sylvester when he noticed that syl was going in the room corners and not the cage. I have carpet in my room and throughout the house. So the continuous pooping on my car is going to stain them. I don't know what to do, to get them to go where they are supposed to. I know if I put litter pans in the corners, they will play in them. I might get rid of them if I can't get them to go where they are supposed to.

So my question is; How do I train them to go only in their cage, or something else and NOT in my room corners?
<message edited by DMT23 on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:48 AM>
wenmister
Re:Ferret keeps going to the bathroom on my floor in my room - Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:11 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message