Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Best Ferret Brands?
brendan

• Total Posts : 47
  • Reward points : 0
Best Ferret Brands? - Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:16 PM
Looking to find some new materials for my baby's (cage, toys, food, ext...) Comment with your personal favorite brands to choose from! If you could provide a reasoning why that would be helpful too, Thank you!
[font="'courier new'; line-height: 1.4"]I hope the following information I supplied helps you in anyway possible..
Seelen

• Total Posts : 193
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Best Ferret Brands? - Saturday, November 29, 2014 10:56 PM
Cages, I wouldn't ever think of another cage other than the ferret nation. I love the workmanship, size and ease of use. 

Toys, I don't have a specific brand. Usually anything that seems fun and rattles :D I do check to make sure they aren't made of something potentially bad for ingesting. The one I did buy specifically was the Marshall's Super Thru- Way tunnel. I was hesitant to let them play with actual dryer vent tubing and this toy has been so far so good. I did have to clip one little metal band that was starting to poke through, but I've had it almost a year so no complaints. They love it. 

Foods, I think are pretty personal preference. I feed mine Wellness CORE Original, but it's because I feed it to my cats as well. It seems so far so good. They love it and they seem quite healthy.

Bedding, I  bought a few novelty Marshalls beds and I was not really pleased. I have the octopus thing which has held up well but they rarely use the arms as tunnels, mostly just sleep in it. I also have the tent thing from Petco - I don't know the brand. It has 4 sides and they zip up into a triangular house with one hole to get in. They also have clips at the top. The ferrets LOVE this but it had a seam rip only a month or so into owning it. It has not posed enough of an issue to warrant repair, but I would not buy it again. The rest of the bedding I make myself. 

Harnesses and leashes. I have had no functional problems with the harnesses from Marshalls, but the colors are SO DULL. I buy all of mine now from a company on amazon called Sandia Pet Products. They have cool colors and the quality is comparable with main-stores. I also think I pay like $5 a harness and $3 a collar. I usually buy at least two items to warrant shipping costs. I have only bought collars and harnesses from them. I use the cat leashes from walmart because they are cheap and slighly longer than normal ferret leashes. 
wenmister
Re:Best Ferret Brands? - Sunday, November 30, 2014 8:06 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Best Ferret Brands? - Sunday, November 30, 2014 9:14 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages