Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Two new rescues, three sleepy ferrets
Oksana

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Two new rescues, three sleepy ferrets - Saturday, January 03, 2015 4:02 PM
I brought in two rescues on Monday, Jack and Zoe.  They were allegedly inherited by people who didn't want them and when Jack started showing signs of adrenal disease, they were dumped off at Petco.  

They're very active ferrets and I've been trying to give them a lot of playtime.  My three non rescues, Fox, Mischa and Yuri get along really well with them but they're really tired. Mischa slept through morning playtime yesterday.  Fox didn't even get up when I brought them into the playroom today and Yuri barely played before he went to sleep with Fox.  Poop has been normal, except for Mischa, who had green slime yesterday.  They just seem exhausted.

That makes me worry that the rescues brought ECE with them.  Then again, they're getting a LOT more playtime than usual. Yuri was at the vet with Jack yesterday, as a moral support buddy and the vet said he's really healthy.  I can take them in today probably, but I don't want to stress them if I don't have to.

Not sure what I should do.
Oksana

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Two new rescues, three sleepy ferrets - Sunday, January 04, 2015 12:23 AM
It's ECE.  We're all at the emergency vet right now, as Yuri passed bloody mucus stool and he and Mischa threw up all over their cage.  The vet says they're going to be fine and are not dehydrated, so they're on a bunch of medications and Duck Soup until they're feeling better. The prognosis is very good.  The two rescues were likely. asymptomatic carriers.

I'm just astonished that Yuri was at the vet 24 hours ago, completely fine and now he's at the emergency vet, not even wanting to get up.  Goes to show that ferret illnesses can progress extremely rapidly.
wenmister
Re:Two new rescues, three sleepy ferrets - Sunday, January 04, 2015 8:57 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Two new rescues, three sleepy ferrets - Sunday, January 04, 2015 9:15 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages