Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The differences in breeders
Meechysmum92

• Total Posts : 107
  • Reward points : 0
The differences in breeders - Monday, November 10, 2014 1:14 PM
Hey! 

So, just a little tidbit I've noticed.....

Meechy is a RCF (real canadian ferret) and Mina is a Marshalls

The physical differences are crazy! I know the fact that Meechy is still young has some to do with it, but other than that..Mina has the slim, pointed face, whereas Meechy has a very round face. Mina has the more pear-shaped body (smaller near the head and shoulders, and a big booty and tummy) and Meechy is just stocky throughout! Mina is settling in now, and I've already managed to put some weight on her with a good quality diet (she was eating Marshalls diet before) I will post some pics of her cuteness later today :) Has anyone else noticed differences in the appearances of ferrets from different breeders? 

Thanks! :) 
Seelen

• Total Posts : 193
Re:The differences in breeders - Monday, November 10, 2014 2:36 PM
All of my ferrets are Marshalls (Petco), but some of the differences are male to female as well not necessarily breeder.

I have a stocky boy that looks a lot like Meechy, and I have a smaller slimmer boy as well. My girl also has a slim face and kind of mousey features, and is quite dainty :)

I did notice some breeders have large  males due to when they are fixed.

Heres Rambo, I think he and Meechy could be brothers :)

Rambo is MUCH larger than bear, although supposedly at least 6 months younger than Bear

Heres Bear (stealing my stuff >.>):
He seems to be a little smaller for a male and feels petite. I don't know why this would be, maybe just a smaller litter?

Toki is my girl, she has similar features to what you describe Mina to be. I think I read that these are gender differencess:
She's definitely pear shaped as well, most of her weight is in her bottom end/belly. It has been difficult to keep her in her harness when we go outside since she just rolls it off of herself lol.

wenmister
Re:The differences in breeders - Monday, November 10, 2014 3:29 PM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:The differences in breeders - Monday, November 10, 2014 6:40 PM
Member in blocked list
Meechysmum92

Re:The differences in breeders - Monday, November 10, 2014 6:53 PM
Haha, Seleen, I love Rambo, he looks like a big goofball! And thats totally it unclejoe, Meechy feels like a heavy, thick ball of muscle, and Mina feels so dainty and petite and...floppy to be honest! Haha. That makes sense that breeder as well as gender would make Mina look so different, she deffinitly has the more mousy features. She's comming out of her shell now and us so completely sweet. She tries to play bite like Meechy, but she's so gentle, that I feel a tiny little nudge on my foot and I look down and she's got her mouth on me  Thanks for the info guys, I love learning about stuff like this!
Meechysmum92

Re:The differences in breeders - Monday, November 10, 2014 7:10 PM
Heres little Mina's pointy face..and her trying to be tough 
also, I was curious, is she considered Silver? She's about 6 mo old, will she turn into a DEW?Don't mind the bathtub pic... my weirdos love to jump in the empty tub and try and go inside the tiny drain hole , lmao

Seelen

• Total Posts : 193
Re:The differences in breeders - Monday, November 10, 2014 7:21 PM
The colors on them really confuse me, I'd love to know what Toki is too since she used to be white and now has like silver hairs down her back.

MINE DO THE TUB TOO. I have a stall shower and they actually get in it with me, It can be kind of weird >.>
Meechysmum92

Re:The differences in breeders - Monday, November 10, 2014 7:27 PM
Hahaha, they are obssessed with the tub, it's the first thing they run to. Such weirdos  haha awh come on, she just wants to join you in the shower! :'D yeah, im just winging it here, but if ferrets are anything like horses, silver, or grey, or dappled grey, all turn white over time. My friends horse was almost all grey 6 years ago, and nows he's completely white. DEWS are my boyfriends favourite, so he would love it if thats the case!
unclejoe
Re:The differences in breeders - Monday, November 10, 2014 8:39 PM
Member in blocked list
wenmister
Re:The differences in breeders - Tuesday, November 11, 2014 7:12 AM
Member in blocked list
Meechysmum92

Re:The differences in breeders - Tuesday, November 11, 2014 7:55 PM
Awh i love dews! Thanks Wen :)
brendan

• Total Posts : 47
Re:The differences in breeders - Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:32 PM
Seelen, your baby's are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!
[font="'courier new'; line-height: 1.4"]I hope the following information I supplied helps you in anyway possible..
leeandparker

• Total Posts : 70
Re:The differences in breeders - Sunday, November 30, 2014 7:15 PM
Private breeders have better blood lines whereas pet store ferrets come from mills and are inbred. Which is why most mill ferrets feel like noodles and good private bred fuzzies are tanks. I've only ever had mill ferrets being a rescuer but have traveled to a breeder and the difference is crazy. Hopefully one day mills will be put out of business. 
unclejoe
Re:The differences in breeders - Sunday, November 30, 2014 9:32 PM
Member in blocked list
wenmister
Re:The differences in breeders - Monday, December 01, 2014 7:26 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages