Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Watery eyes, allergies?
Lucyana1129

• Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points : 0
Watery eyes, allergies? - Friday, August 15, 2014 10:25 AM
Panda seems to have slightly watery eyes as of recent. I found a vet that sees ferrets close by but his eyes are only very slightly watery. Could he have allergies? I burn incense occasionally and the safe I just burned yesterday is still lingering. Could that cause his eyes to water? Also, do ferrets lose weight in summer months and gain in winter months? One last question (getting them all in bc my phone is awful typing on this forum 😩). I'm considering getting Panda a friend. He has been by himself for about a year and a half. Is it too late to introduce another ferret? Will he be upset and think he isn't the baby anymore? I'm worried but think he would like a friend of his own kind. We have 3 dogs and 2 cats he plays with but there's nothing like the play another ferret could give him. Or the bedtime snuggles! 😊💕 Thanks in advance for answers to my questions. 

<3, 
Panda's mom, Juniper  
Lucyana1129

Re:Watery eyes, allergies? - Friday, August 15, 2014 10:27 AM
SAGE not saFe. Not burning any safes around here. Haha!
unclejoe
Re:Watery eyes, allergies? - Friday, August 15, 2014 1:42 PM
Member in blocked list
Lucyana1129

Re:Watery eyes, allergies? - Friday, August 15, 2014 2:36 PM
No more sneezing than normal. ;) And no sniffles. Just the slightly watery eyes. I'll keep the incense out of his area. Yesterday I burned Sage and it got a bit heavy so I wont do that in the room he's in again either. I'd say he just looks a tad thinner than in the colder months but that could be because he has less hair now that it's warmer. I feed him Orejin cat and kitten. I was thinking about starting to mix in Evo ferret food too. It's a terrible place to get ferrets I know, but we went to petco the other day and there was a large tan male Pandas age among others that looked equally as sad. Panda is a rescue but has the tattoos of a Marshall ferret. For whatever reason that tan male called out to me and I can't stop thinking about him. They are in less than ideal conditions of course. In too small a "cage". He looked so sad. I know getting him supports them doing it in a way but I can't stop thinking about how sad he looked. Panda is so alert and happy and these guys were just laying and couldn't walk bc of the bedding (we use fleece not hamster bedding. Goodness. Sorry...I got completely distracted there. I'll keep an eye on Panda's eyes (😄) and keep the scents to a minimum to see if that helps. I'll probably take him in to the vet to be sure too. We have a ferret nation cage. Just the one story. Will that be big enough for two or will I need the add on? Panda mostly is only in there to sleep. When he's awake, he's allowed to free roam and I'm here most of the day (stay at home mom). 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread