Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 hind leg concerns , emergency??
crisp20

• Total Posts : 216
  • Reward points : 0
hind leg concerns , emergency?? - Thursday, July 03, 2014 8:12 PM
I got home and tex was not looking too good, he seemed limp, and was tryoing to stand but could not get his balance. I gave him soup which he devoured and water as well. He tried to walk after, which went a little bit better, but still seems to be struggling more than usual. I don't know if I should schedule a vet or just take him in as an emergency. He does not seem in pain. He has insulinoma, but is being treated with pedipred and has used his legs up until when I got home this afternoon. He is resting now, I will keep giving him soups, and water, I don't know how well his mobility is now. If I dont emergency walk in tonight, I will probably get in tommorow afternoon or the day after. Suggestions/ does anybody know what is happening with him? He is at least 5, has adrenal, insulinoma and lymphoma.
unclejoe
Re:hind leg concerns , emergency?? - Thursday, July 03, 2014 9:32 PM
Member in blocked list
crisp20

Re:hind leg concerns , emergency?? - Thursday, July 03, 2014 10:48 PM
hey, so I just decided to go walk in tonight, we are here now. they are seeing him now. He had about 70ml of standard soup before we left, i've been keeping him hydrated, he was the same in the car, a little out of it, but alert nonetheless. At home, before we left, he walked on his own for a bit, but the just stood there. at least he stood, and did not fall over. I 'll keep updates. But yeah, i accidentally left the lid of the pedipred since his does last night 830, i dont know if that affects it. Regardless I have a new bottle. I gave him his morning dose at 800 am and he is due now, I am going to ask the vet if they can dose him here.
crisp20

Re:hind leg concerns , emergency?? - Friday, July 04, 2014 10:05 AM
Tex spent the night at the vet, he was really dehydrated. They called me this morning, his condition has not improved but has not worsen, he is there until 830 tonight, they are going to do what they can and see if he gets better in the next 12 hours, they'll let me know if he get worse too, keeping my fingers crossed, but expecting the inevitable.
<message edited by crisp20 on Friday, July 04, 2014 5:10 PM>
unclejoe
Re:hind leg concerns , emergency?? - Friday, July 04, 2014 3:24 PM
Member in blocked list
crisp20

Re:hind leg concerns , emergency?? - Friday, July 04, 2014 6:10 PM
I just called the vet, they said Tex is doing much better than in the morning, but they think he should stay another night, they are going to call me at 8pm to confirm if he has to stay another night, I might just have to pick him up at 8 am tomorrow, either way, I am glad to hear he is better.
wenmister
Re:hind leg concerns , emergency?? - Friday, July 04, 2014 6:13 PM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:hind leg concerns , emergency?? - Friday, July 04, 2014 9:52 PM
Member in blocked list
crisp20

Re:hind leg concerns , emergency?? - Friday, July 04, 2014 10:18 PM
uuuggghhhhhhhhh, yeah so Tex is now back to the state he was before he got better this morning. I am going to give him another 12 hrs overnight at the vet, I will call them at 630 am, to see what is his status, and make the decision from there. oh boy, when it rains, it pours eh? Considering everything poor Little Tex has gone through, I think it is for the best, he has had quite a ride. But hey, it's not over yet. I'll try and post an update tomorrow morning. Thanks everyone for your continued support and concerns. And yes lol I am getting pics for the new brothers, I have to resize them and all that good stuff, I have had so much on my plate these last 2 weeks, life is a ferret whirlwind !
crisp20

Re:hind leg concerns , emergency?? - Saturday, July 05, 2014 2:07 PM
Just got back from vet, we had Mr. Tex take a journey to the rainbow bridge this morning. No more procedures, vet trips, shots, and pedipred (he liked the pedipred). I'm happy I could give him the best 2 years that I could, and I dont know how he would have ended up if my friend didn't ask me to take him. We went with Chicha and Flaca this morning. I am relieved, extremely sad though, losing 2 kids in about 2 weeks is tough, but hey, life is no cake walk. Ferrets just make it seem so.
wenmister
Re:hind leg concerns , emergency?? - Saturday, July 05, 2014 4:58 PM
Member in blocked list
wacferret

• Total Posts : 92
Re:hind leg concerns , emergency?? - Monday, July 07, 2014 8:22 PM
We just went through a 5 day Emergency medical boarding so I know what you must have felt calling everyday, worrying. IT SUCKS So sorry Tex wasn't able to pull through. As you said you gave him the best 2 years you could. He knows that and loves you for it. Just take comfort knowing he is dooking and playing with his buddies as he waits for you.
unclejoe
Re:hind leg concerns , emergency?? - Monday, July 07, 2014 10:42 PM
Member in blocked list
crisp20

Re:hind leg concerns , emergency?? - Sunday, July 27, 2014 6:27 PM
thanks everybody, sorry it has been a while once again. I cant find my camera, so I can't get pics of the new brothers, ( im pretty sure one of them took it, I will try and get some off my phone.
unclejoe
Re:hind leg concerns , emergency?? - Sunday, July 27, 2014 9:58 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages