Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 HELP NEEDED - Moving ferrets from indoors to outdoors?
Danni229

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
HELP NEEDED - Moving ferrets from indoors to outdoors? - Sunday, April 27, 2014 11:59 AM
Hi everyone i used to be on this forum a few years ago however i had a few things go on which just meant my internet social life was put on the back burner... anyway back to the topic of help needed!

I currently have my ferrets Martin ( aged around 9-10 ) and Gwen (5 years ) in an large indoor cage which i see that a lot of you have on here.

Due to my house being very small and a two bedroom property they currently have the spare bedroom... things will be changing soon and the spare room will be needed as a bedroom. There are no other rooms which the cage can be put in as my house is a tiny cornish house and the living room is the dining room and its full with furniture! 

My partner suggested putting the cage in the out building we have which was a good idea as theres plenty of room to build an enclosure in there.. however in the summer the heat that the send produces is beyond... you sweat just walking in there so i wouldn't like them being in there for that reason...

Ive been looking online at large hutches with long and high runs and also Chicken Coops and runs which are suitable for 4 chickens... will this be ok for them both to live in ?? as it has a door which you can close off in the nights so they can't go out into the run  and dig their way out and it also has a weather proof cover ...

Can i have advise about this please as I'm worried with them being indoor ferrets will it be ok for them to be outdoor ferrets now and will that coop be ok ?

Martins getting very old now and spends his time sleeping or telling Gwen off as she has more energy then him and always wants to play. 

Would be very grateful for as much advise as possible :) thank you.
unclejoe
Re:HELP NEEDED - Moving ferrets from indoors to outdoors? - Sunday, April 27, 2014 1:02 PM
Member in blocked list
Danni229

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Re:HELP NEEDED - Moving ferrets from indoors to outdoors? - Sunday, April 27, 2014 2:37 PM
i was thinning of putting concrete slabs under the coop ? 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread