Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Aggression, scared or playing?
RaLaJessR

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
Aggression, scared or playing? - Sunday, April 27, 2014 7:50 PM
Hi, i posted a couple of weeks ago that i am soon going to be getting my first two fuzzies. I am currently looking after one of my step dads older Jills, to give me an idea of what to expect when the babies arive, and she is lovely.. but i am still adjusting to ferret behaviour and language so i wonder if you guys could translate this situation for me! She has been here for two days, and has settled surprisingly quickly. She learned almost immediately that scrabbling at her door will make me let her out, and let her have a run around a safe area (the bathroom for now). I have been setting it at her pace so far, if she is scrabbling at the doors of her cage i will open them and offer her my arms, and if she wants to come out, then i take her out, but if not i leave her to it and thats fine. She has been coming out quite regularly, and i will just sit on the floor with her and let her do her thing, which usually includes using me as a ladder, or bridge to get to places! Or using my dressing gown as a tunnel :) Tonight however she was doing as she has been, climbing in my dressing gown and rolling around etc, and she climbed up my neck and started scratching and digging, which obviously hurt lol so i moved her back down onto the floor. Well she climbed straight back up, and started licking and nibbling my ear, and before i could move her back to the floor again, she latched onto my nose! I felt a right tit haha. I know how hard they could bite, and she didn't seem to be biting me hard, enough for me to say ow, but not hard enough to puncture my skin. I sat there and waited for her to let go, but she didn't, so i gently scruffed her to try and get her to loosen up, but she bit down a little harder, so in the end i just used my finger to gently prise her mouth open enough to free my nose! After that, she just lay back on my lap licking her lips and watching me, she didn't make any noise during it, or seem worried, it was just so out of the blue i cant quite work out what it meant! Any help figuring it out is much appreciated! :)
crisp20

• Total Posts : 216
Re:Aggression, scared or playing? - Sunday, April 27, 2014 9:59 PM
when my roomate plays with Chihca, she nips her a little too hard sometimes. Ive found that if the ferret doesnt' know you THAT well, he or she might giv a curious nip, Cuete always bites my dads and my buddy's feet, and hes probably the most gentle one. If thes ferret knew you well though, i don't know, Chicha sometimes just bites my ear for the fun of it. . . they're good like that.
unclejoe
Re:Aggression, scared or playing? - Sunday, April 27, 2014 10:44 PM
Member in blocked list
RaLaJessR

• Total Posts : 5
Re:Aggression, scared or playing? - Monday, April 28, 2014 8:20 AM
It certainly was a strange one, i took it as a warning from her, and put her away after that, which she didn't seem best pleased about!

It was just strange because i was sat on the floor, she was the one coming to me, i was just letting her go where she wanted, not holding her at all, and she chomped! Lol

She is an albino too, my instincts told me she was telling me 'you are annoying me' NOM! But as you said unclejoe, if she has been seriously annoyed, i would have been bleeding!
unclejoe
Re:Aggression, scared or playing? - Monday, April 28, 2014 8:31 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages