Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 6 month old crazy ferret
ajgrymm

• Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
6 month old crazy ferret - Sunday, June 08, 2014 10:55 PM
my bf and i have 3 ferrets. one that is about a year and a half that we've had since he was 5 months, another that is about 7 months that we've had since she was 3 months old, and another that we got in february at 3 months that is about 5-6 months. The older two have been trained fine and were cooperative. The biting phase stopped with them, they stopped biting everything so hard. The one we got in february is a  mitt female, loves playing with the other two, was a tad more aggressive of a player in the beginning  but softened. she loves to cuddle with the other ferrets but she WONT STOP BITING SO HARD, when it comes to people. she holds onto the skin and it hurts. She seems really skittish and when we try to pick her up when she is out of the cage she just runs away, everytime. she always wants to be put down. She likes kissing us and will play with us, but she keeps biting. she DOES NOT take to scruffing or hissing, and just tries to flip herself out of the scruff. 

What can i do to soften her behavior? 
<message edited by ajgrymm on Sunday, June 08, 2014 10:59 PM>
wenmister
Re:6 month old crazy ferret - Monday, June 09, 2014 6:47 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:6 month old crazy ferret - Monday, June 09, 2014 1:36 PM
Member in blocked list
crisp20

• Total Posts : 216
  • Reward points : 0
Re:6 month old crazy ferret - Monday, June 09, 2014 11:03 PM
Join the *I think I got a Hybrid* Club. My Chicha took about a year and a half to stop attacking me, she still randomly clamps on to me (rarley). It took her 2 years until she stopped attacking my roomate, but she hasn't stopped completely. I'm sure she will grow out if it eventually... I scruff drag and hiss constantly.
<message edited by crisp20 on Monday, June 09, 2014 11:15 PM>

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message